Evening moon, Bhopal

 

Digital painting, Evening Moon, Bhopal

These days, after much resistance, I have been trying my hand at digital painting. To my surprise, I enjoy it. It allows me to explore the look and feel of different media with the convenience of the undo button which can be a life saver and a resource saver :D That said, nothing can quite match the appeal of a traditional, hand drawn piece of artwork.

I saw this faint glimmering moon right around sunset last year with beautiful wispy clouds that had this lovely muted palette. I knew I had to try and recreate it and here it is. This also seems to be a fitting illustration to say goodbye - for the time being that is. 

In Japanese, we say 'ja ne' or 'mata ne' to say 'see you later' and 'sayonara' for a long farewell or a goodbye. So I would say 'mata ne' to you who is reading this. I am taking a little break from blogging. Perhaps I can wow you with my improved art skills and perspective on things around me when we meet the next time I post? Thank you for reading, sending support and kindness and being part of my journey. See you soon! 

Mata ne!

Niharika

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brihadisvara temple at Thanjavur

Pandharpur

Forgotten city of Ela - Revisiting Old Goa - the Se Cathedral


Society for Children's book Writers & Illustrators, India