Autumn trees in Illinois, the United States


 My aunt in Illinois showed me her lovely backyard on a video call. It was a sunny morning with her neighborhood gearing up for Halloween with all sorts of curious  (and frightening) knickknacks, A yard full of skeletons, dead bodies, inflatable creatures from the dark, axes and spiderwebs hanging like festoons on the porches and windows. To defy this macabre world, nature has donned a beautiful mantle - the ground is colored bright orange, red and yellow from the carpet of leaves that the trees are shedding. It is autumn, or fall as they call it - and my aunt's morning walk crosses all kinds of beautiful trees-Maple trees, Oak trees, Cherry trees, A beautiful bright red bush called the 'Burning Bush'.

It was such a delight to see different shades of green, yellows and reds that I couldn't resist taking out my watercolors. Thank you pachchi (aunt in Konkani) for sharing your beautiful world with me. ( I am sending you moral support for the tiring clean up in your yard after those leaves pile up) 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brihadisvara temple at Thanjavur

Pandharpur

Forgotten city of Ela - Revisiting Old Goa - the Se Cathedral


Society for Children's book Writers & Illustrators, India