Sketching at Japan Habba 2020


When I was flipping through my sketchbook, I found these sketches I had made at Japan Habba in February 2020. That's the best thing about having a little book to carry around - it lets me cherish moments and memories. And in the act of sketching, I make fuzzy things clear in my mind and observe little details that send up a whole flurry of emotions when I revisit them much later :)



The air is festive and I am greeted by many smiling Indians and Japanese people - " Ohayou Gozaimasu" ( Good morning).
The origami paper cranes remind me of Sadako's story - and how it became the symbol of peace. I I make a bee- line for the book stall - 5 books at Rs.100 - who can resist that? And I buy ten books in greed.



Treasure! I have a weakness for Japanese children's books - they are so creative!




Next we head to the Yukata stall to put on some Yukata - A summer dress made of light cotton fabric, worn by both men and women.

And I rush to see the beautiful Ikebana - flower arrangements based on Japanese aesthetics and sense of elegance

And of course, the star attraction of the whole event! Japanese food! We eat Tamagoyaki ( Japanese style omelette), California roll ( Makizushi),  Dorayaki. ( I am sad because there is no Miso soup :( )

Read more about Japan Habba here 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brihadisvara temple at Thanjavur

Pandharpur

Forgotten city of Ela - Revisiting Old Goa - the Se Cathedral


Society for Children's book Writers & Illustrators, India