Kathotiya forest near Bhopal




A brook in Kathotiya forest, close to Bhopal. We catch a fantastic sunrise, have a packed breakfast of ( yes, you guessed it right!) poha and jalebi on the dry rocks near Kolar dam, the sweetish, slightly fishy whiff of algae giving it a different feel, spot many beautiful birds -  which my knowledgeable friend tells me are a hornbill, treepie ( I would say cutiepie),bee eater and Black Ibis. A family of wild boars tumble across the road from our bike. This is tiger country too.
The last stretch that we visit is the most breathtaking of all. Wheat fields roll over the vast expanse and you get to see different shades of green with tiny shanties and homes that are too perfect for words! And in the backdrop , the mountains that are characteristic here, with sharp jagged edges, but flat tops.

Thanks to my generous friends for including me in their plans :) It was really worth it. My only regret is that I missed the rock shelters and cave paintings famous in this area.

I hear it is beautiful after the rains. Let's go? 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brihadisvara temple at Thanjavur

Pandharpur

Forgotten city of Ela - Revisiting Old Goa - the Se Cathedral


Society for Children's book Writers & Illustrators, India