Remembering the beautiful slopes of Uttarakhand




A little illustration inspired by the bus ride from Kathgodam to Nainital. I saw lovely mountain streams, valleys of giant trees and felt immensely at peace with myself.

I was travelling solo, surrounded by a large family from Delhi. The children were ill-mannered and noisy.The man next to me was apologetic. "I usually come with my bike gang - we all ride royal enfield bikes." He said ruefully, as if regretting his boisterous family and longing for the quiet companionship of his fellow bikers on the sun kissed roads.

And again, on the shared tempo rides from Nainital to Bhimtal and Naukuchiyatal - these pines greeted me,  over spectacular views of the mountains,  while we turned the hairpin bends at breakneck speed!

I wondered what it would be like to just go, descend into the valley and bask in the sun as the clear mountain stream rushed past me without a care in the world. Wishful thinking! So, I turned to art.And decided that it makes for a perfect illustration for a greeting card.

As the countdown to the new year begins, I would like you to take it easy, bask in the sun and enjoy life. Feel at peace with yourself and the world around you. Take pride in how far you've come. Happy New Year!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brihadisvara temple at Thanjavur

Pandharpur

Forgotten city of Ela - Revisiting Old Goa - the Se Cathedral


Society for Children's book Writers & Illustrators, India