The Queen's necklace in Mumbai



Taking off from the airport in Mumbai, I look down. I am weightless as the plane soars and I sink into the seat. Looking down,  I gasp. Underneath the pitch black sky, the city of Mumbai is glowing. A slow retinue of lorries and trucks is lining up on the roads. They look like molten lava as they slowly inch through traffic, flickering. Slowly, these haphazard lights make a pattern. Streetlights maze their way through the darkness and make fantastic constellations. But the sight I will remember the most is of Marine Drive. The vast Arabian Sea is shrouded in darkness but the lights on Marine Drive twinkle merrily. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brihadisvara temple at Thanjavur

Pandharpur

Forgotten city of Ela - Revisiting Old Goa - the Se Cathedral


Society for Children's book Writers & Illustrators, India