that make up my treasure box of experiences! Also, a way to express them through my illustrations.
A sketch of a Water Buffalo
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Experimenting with illustrations - this is a mixed media sketch - with watercolors and newspaper cutouts. Water buffaloes are very precious livestock, hardy and well adapted to difficult terrains and climates.
At Kavayyi lake in Payannur . The boatman silhouetted against the river and the inky blackness of the island trees.Would you like to see what I saw, that evening ? The sunset mellowed down... The colors faded into each other....became nothing The pale glimmering moon turned brighter... The colors washed away -the stains in the sky fading... fading .... turning inky... while the boatman sat motionless... while darkness crept in.... and night descended.
On a recent trip to Maharashtra, I saw this kaka and kaki at the Pune Railway station. They must have been on their way to Pandharpur. I have seen devotees making their way to Pandharpur in hordes singing beautiful abhangs, taking their entire family with them. The Varkaris generally make this annual pilgrimage by foot. Elders and little children walk too, and there is scarcely a break in the singing and music. There is something divine, whether you are a believer of god or not, in voices raised to a common tune, in exaltation of something outside the self. I would like to go with them once. In the month of Ashadh Ekadashi, trains in Maharashtra are filled with pilgrims on their way to Pandharpur. Maybe I will join them. Who knows, I may meet this old couple I saw at the Pune railway station.
Comments
Post a Comment