A walk around Victoria terminus - CST




Mumbai never fails to astound me.Its energy, the multitude of people and the gorgeous amalgam of different cultures, different temperaments, and a quickness - a jostling that leaves a Bangalorean like me quite breathless.

But then some might say it's a stereotype. I don't know. I haven't spent a long time there but whatever I have seen leaves me a bit starry-eyed.

When the British came here, they recreated a sense of their home. And one of the most magnificent specimens of Victorian Gothic revival architecture was the Victoria terminus, now renamed Chhatrapati Shivaji terminus. It's a crazy looking place, and it makes me feel like I am in a Harry Potter movie, as do most other buildings in the area. I really love the architecture and how it has withstood changes. Mumbai has evolved rapidly since the time it was built but if you feel like indulging in a bit of nostalgia, in a bit of time travel, all you need to do is take a walk in South Mumbai.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brihadisvara temple at Thanjavur

Pandharpur

Forgotten city of Ela - Revisiting Old Goa - the Se Cathedral


Society for Children's book Writers & Illustrators, India